Productiv – Inspection & Rework Services in Chicago
Repurposing SKUs or correcting improperly packaged/labeled goods to meet updated specifications
Our clients often tell us they didn’t feel like they needed Rework Services until they really needed them. The story usually goes like this: dozens of pallets of product arrive to their distribution centers with a small but significant defect, promotion overruns or wrong labeling. The product needs to make it to market to hit quarterly goals, but they don’t have the capacity to correct the issue without diverting other critical labor. This is just one of many sample scenarios where Productiv Rework Services can step in and immediately add value.
Productiv’s Chicago-based Rework and Product Inspection program helps clients in the Chicagoland area convert inventory with defects to shelf-ready retail products. Even the best procurement team and supply chain managers in the industry encounter crises that demand fast and reliable rework. With the right partner to handle inspection, (un)bundling or re-packaging, these crises can quickly be transformed into financial windfalls.
Could your operations use a boost in the area of inspection & rework? Contact a Productiv CSR at (804) 893-5358 today and we’ll talk about all the different ways we might be able to help.
Chicago Inspection & Rework Services: How It Works
The Productiv rework team specializes in the intensive handwork needed to inspect and recover faulty or salvageable inventory, all from our state-of-the-art Chicago facility or your own base of operations:
- Consult: We partner with clients to understand the precise set of steps needed to rework a product, and our process engineers design a speedy and efficient solution
- Inspect: We train the assembly staff in the rework steps and they begin evaluating the existing product stock
- Rework: We utilize lean principles to remove faulty pieces, (un)bundle, and/or relabel the products and prepare them for point of sale
Don’t discard product because of overruns, a few damaged pieces or a misprint – instead let Productiv’s Rework and Product Inspection team demonstrate that, when it comes to functional product, there’s no such thing as “sunk cost.”
Rework in Action: Using ‘Sprint Capacity’ to Fix a Wide-Scale Labeling Issue
Consider this case study from a Productiv client who retained our rework services in order to salvage more than 1 million pieces of personal care goods:
- The Challenge. 1.5 million lip balms from a global brand arrived stateside with a labeling error.
- The Solution: Productiv teams inspected and repacked every kit to be retail-ready in time for the holiday season.
- The Implementation: 500 pallets arrived in a single day and Productiv finished inspection, rework and retail preparation in just 22 days.
Additional Services in Chicago
In addition to Inspection & Rework projects, Productiv offers a variety of other business process and production services to businesses in and around Chicago. These include:
- Hand assembly
- Reverse logistics
Improve Your Success with Productiv’s Inspection & Rework Services Today!