Productiv – Inspection & Rework Services in Richmond
Repurposing SKUs or correcting improperly packaged/labeled goods to meet updated specifications
Imagine: you’ve just finished a time-bound promotion where your product advertised a partnership or one-time event on its packaging. It was an eye-catching tactic, but there’s a problem: sales were slower than forecasted, and you find yourself stuck with a large portion of the product that now has out of date labeling. There’s no other defect, and the product could otherwise be a good revenue generator for your company. This is just one of many sample scenarios where Rework Services could be a value-add for your supply chain.
Productiv’s Richmond-based Rework and Product Inspection program helps local clients take unusable inventory and ready it or salvage it for store shelves. No matter how thoughtful your procurement team and supply chain partners are, almost every organization occasionally runs into issues with items that are labeled incorrectly. Sometimes entire lots can exit manufacturing with a defect, or SKUs can become obsolete that can be corrected via inspection, updated bundling or re-packaging.
If your operations could use a boost in the inspection & rework categories, contact a Productiv CSR at (804) 893-5358 and we’ll talk about all the different ways we might be able to help.
Richmond Inspection & Rework Services You Can Rely On
Operating from our state-of-the-art Richmond facility or your site of operation, the Productiv team specializes in the intensive handwork needed to inspect and recover faulty inventory:
- Consult: We work with our partners to understand the exact steps needed to salvage a product, and our process engineers design a solution built around speed and efficiency
- Inspect: We evaluate the product and train the assembly staff in the rework steps
- Rework: Our team utilizes lean principles to remove faulty pieces, (un)bundle, and/or relabel the products and ready them for retail
Don’t write off good product because of a misprint or a few damaged pieces – let Productiv’s Rework and Product Inspection team demonstrate that the ‘sunk cost’ may be less sunk than you think.
Rework in Action: Using ‘Sprint Capacity’ to Fix a Wide-Scale Issue With a Mislabeled Product
Consider this case study from a Productiv client who turned to our rework services to salvage a significant number of personal care goods within their supply chain:
- The Challenge. 1.5 million lip balms from a global brand arrived from Asia mislabeled.
- The Solution: Productiv teams inspected and repacked every beauty kit to be store-ready for the holiday season.
- The Implementation: 500 pallets arrived in one day and were inspected, reworked and salvaged for retail in just 22 days.
Additional Services in Richmond
In addition to Inspection & Rework projects, Productiv offers a variety of other business process and production services to businesses in and around Richmond. These include:
- Hand assembly
- Reverse logistics
Improve Your Success with Productiv’s Inspection & Rework Services Today!